Year Founded: 1996
Number of Employees: 20
Industry Type: Manufacturing
CFFB Member Since: August 2004
Family Generation: 1st
AMKAD Metal Components Inc. is a world class manufacturer of parts using powder metallurgy technology.
AMKAD is a Canadian, family owned business, and we are dedicated to maintaining a high level of quality and reliability in servicing our customers.
Benefits of Powder Metallurgy (P/M)
The P/M process is a very effective method to produce metal parts and components; offering these many advantages:
- Greater Versatility
- Flexibility in the parts shape and design.
- Ability to produce combinations of metals not possible by other methods.
- Pores can be infiltrated with other metals for special properties and 100% density.
- Controlled porosity makes possible such products as self-lubricating bearings and surfaces.
- Ability to fabricate special configurations impossible or difficult to machine by conventional methods.
High Quality & Precision
- P/M process makes it possible to manufacture parts of exceptional strength and durability.
- Good dimensional control with tolerances held within 0.001″.
- Consistent dimensions are accurate/repeatable from part to part,order to order, year to year.
- Produces exceptional surface finishes.
Greater Economic Value
- P/M is a net shape process with minimal waste of raw materials.
- Raw materials are readily available and inexpensive.
- P/M parts are produced at/very close to final dimensions; eliminating/minimizing machining.
- Greater actual production rates than most manufacturing methods.
- Short preparation time from design to finished part.
537108 Oxford County Rd #34
PO Box 149
Tavistock, ON N0B 2R0