Jim Beretta visits our Centre For Family Business [CFFB]
Jim Beretta spoke at our last CFFB breakfast…at The Hub.
The topic of the day was “Customer Attraction in the Google Era“.
Here’s a summary of some of Jim’s points…
Customer Attraction #1:
- reduce customer friction everywhere in your organization
- make it easy for customers to find you
- be lean
- be responsive…next day is not good enough!
- create customers who want to work for you
- weave empathy into the DNA of your company
- invest in volunteerism…a positive differential advantage
Customer Attraction #2:
- educate, train and invest in your staff
- have an awesome website with relevant content, blogs, and tweets
- communicate with your customers
- ‘eat your own dog food‘
Why do these things?
When you get recommended by Google, as a top-rated site:
- you are perceived to be a leader and
- sales happen.
And, 2 key messages stood out for me:
- Be relevant…website visitors reward relevance and
- Stories are the fodder of the Internet…especially when they are told by your customers!
Thank you, Jim, for the fine presentation – full of specific ideas, examples, and recommendations. I know from talking with family business folks after your presentation – many people received a lot of value.