If I was your CEO, I would…
If I was your CEO, I would:
1. Create an organization chart, clearly spelling out the key roles and activities required for success in 2013 in this industry sector.
2. Create a clear written Vision statement, describing what I want to see in 3 years…complemented by 3 personal stories to help people understand:
- Why (I want it this way),
- How (I want people to behave…facets of Character and Values), and
- What (things are Vital Tasks and Actions.)
3. Set Goals, with first focus on:
- clearly keepers,
- quality performers, or
- risky investments…taking talent to task
6. Create and implement a People development Strategy: for each keeper and quality individual…with attention to:
- role description,
- self-monitoring and self-reporting…and with
- commitment to self-development,
- commitment to people & their Talents,
- commitment to systems (including Measures of Actions and results),
- commitment to self-development, and
- commitment to communication improvement.
7. Create and implement an Operations Improvement Strategy: defining desired Client relationships and processes; defining philosophies about Money; clarifying what Service means (and how to deliver it); clarifying what Quality means (and how to deliver it) and clarifying what Profit means (and how to earn and collect it).
If I was your CEO, I would set…
- the Required Strengths…an org chart picture
- the Vision
- the Goals
- the metrics and Measures for performance tracking
- the Right People in the right roles: taking talent to task
- the People Development Strategy
- the Operations Improvement Strategy
And, I would do those things in that order.